Saturday, March 14, 2009

Want what the maket wants

And what the market wanted last week was a nice little rally. Although still bearish last weekend by Monday mid- day you couldn't help but feel the mood shift. Tuesday saw a break in the trendline from the last month's drop and it just kept going for the week.
I have been taught that you must not trade your belief's but be willing to hold the dog by the tail and let him guide your trades. Last week I had to put my bearish beliefs aside and run with the bulls. It was a great feeling to see the tide shift and make some money on the long side. (I did close out my longs Friday afternoon however and put on a few shorts for Monday.)

As far as the OIL trade, on Monday we did see a breakout, but it fizzled on Tuesday so I closed out the trade. We are now considering OIL and GSG on the short side again.

Coming into next week it will be interesting to see what this rally has in store. My belief is that it we will se some profit taking. (but I will be ready to trade whichever way it goes)

No comments: